Gateway to Homechoice is the choice based lettings scheme for council and housing association properties in the following seven local authority areas:
- Babergh District Council
- Braintree District Council
- Colchester City Council
- East Suffolk Council
- Ipswich Borough Council
- Maldon District Council
- Mid Suffolk District Council
How the scheme operates
The 7 local authorities in the Gateway to Homechoice scheme advertise vacancies in rented social housing using the same system that operates as follows:
- Each week the vacant social housing in the area of operation of the 7 local authorities is advertised on the Gateway to Homechoice website.
- Applicants who are registered can indicate up to 2 properties they are interested in either online or by phone.
- All of the vacancies advertised through the scheme are owned by councils or housing associations.
- All of the local authorities operate the same Allocations Policy.