Anyone can apply to join the housing register, but to be accepted onto the register, you must meet our eligibility criteria which is as follows:
- You must be 16* years or over;
- You must not be subject to immigration control;
- You must pass the habitual residence test;
- You and your household must be resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland;
- You or your household must not be guilty of unacceptable behaviour which would make you unsuitable to be a tenant.
*Anyone aged 16 or over can apply to join the housing register, however under current law, applicants under the age of 18 cannot legally hold a tenancy.