Once you have submitted your application, you will need to provide the following verification documents:


Who needs to provide it?

Documents required

Proof of ID

All adults in your household who are moving with you

 Photo ID, we accept:

  • Passport
  • Full or provisional photo driving licence
  • UK Citizen card

 If you do not have one of the above, you   need to provide your birth certificate and   a current utility bill

Proof of ID All children in your household

We require a birth cerificate for all children in your household

Proof of income


All adults in your household

 We require:

  • Bank statements for all accounts held, including current accounts, savings accounts, ISAs, any other bank accounts showing your income, your last three payslips, proof of any benefits you receive and savings you may have.

 Please ensure copies of your bank   statements have your name and address   on them

Proof of immigration and/or settled status

Everyone in your household

 We accept:

  • The page in your passport which states what your immigration status is
  • Residence card which states what your immigration status is
  • A link to the gov.uk website to confirm your settled status

Children who live with you

Children in your household under the age of 16 (or under 18 if they are in ‘approved education’ or ‘approved training’)

We require either:

  • The award letter as proof of child benefit; or
  • Your bank statement showing the child benefits payments going into your bank account for the last three months
  • Any Court papers relating to the residence of children

Details of your pregnancy

If you/your partner is pregnant

 We accept:

  • The page from your maternity records which shows your estimated due date

Proof of current address

All adults in your household

 We require:

  • Evidence of your current address
  • Evidence of your tenancy type
  • Landlord name and contact information

Address history for the last 6 years

All adults in your household

We require:

  • Full address
  • Dates moved in and out
  • Landlord name
  • Reason why you left

Local connection

If your local connection is not due to living in the area, we need evidence of what your local connection is

We accept:

  • A copy of your employment contract; or
  • A copy of a utility bill from your family member who lives within the Gateway area with a current date; and
  • A copy of a utility bill from your family member who lives within the Gateway area dated from 5 years ago; and
  • Confirmation of their relationship to you

Additional documents may be required, depending on your personal circumstances. If required, these will be requested following initial assessment of your application.

 You can upload your evidence directly to your Gateway to Homechoice account by following the instructions here.