- Ensure when capturing the image you get the whole document in the frame and you are as close as possible to the document while still keeping the image in focus;
- Take the picture in a bright environment;
- Try to keep as still as possible;
- Ensure you scan the document the correct way up;
- Make sure that you label your documents correctly - e.g. if you scan your passport, please label that document as 'passport;'
- If you are sending copies of your bank statements, ensure that you include the front page of your statement which states your name and current address.
When you scan a document with more than one page, please ensure that you follow the instructions below to create a document with more than one page, instead of numerous pages of the same document.
If you have an iPhone, you can scan up to 5 pages together to make them into one document by following the steps below:
1. Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
2. Tap the Camera button , then tap Scan Documents
3. Place your document in view of the camera.
4. If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan.
5. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button or one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
6. Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
1. Open the Google Drive app
2. In the bottom right, tap Add
3. Tap Scan
4. Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan.
- Adjust scan area: Tap Crop
- Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page
- Scan another page: Tap Add
- To save the finished document, tap Done
Your documents need to be in one of the following formats to be uploaded:
doc, docx, rtf, pdf, tif, tiff, jpg, jpeg, jif, png, bmp, pptx or txt
The maximum file size you can upload is 4MB and the file name must be no more than 60 characters
There are also a number of free scanning apps available:
- Genius Scan – can be used by either Android or iPhone users
- Evernote Scannable – for iPhones
- Simple Scan – for Android users
- Adobe Scan - for Android users
- Adobe Fill & Sign - for Android users - you can use this app to sign your declaration form